Thanks to a grant from The Japan Foundation, we will award monetary prizes to contestants, who place 1 st $200, 2nd $100, and 3rd, $50.
Judges will also receive an honorarium to participate.
Teachers from the school of winners will receive a gift of appreciation for encouraging students to participate and show off their language knowledge.
Due to restraints of Covid-19 social distancing, the contest will be conducted virtually with no entry fee. The deadline for student entry submissions is November 21, 2021. Winners will be announced on Seedtime Multilingual’s website and local news outlets. This competition is a celebration of foreign language learners in the region and spotlights Japanese language and culture education.
- Online submissions are required: Tri-fold display accompanied by 3-min video recordings (3-minute speaking, reading, or acting) to display your love of the Japanese language.
- The virtual event’s form, at the bottom of this page, is where teachers upload the student entry files.
- The deadline for submitting entries is November 21, 2021, at 11:59 p.m CST.
- Entrants have to reside in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Texas and be in Grades 7 through 12 or a College Freshman.
- The post boards can vary in size, depending on the student’s art/artistic exhibit. The theme is “I Love the Language,” must be displayed which will be represented by the student’s own innovative expression to display their love of the Japanese language. A display of some cultural aspects of Japan through artworks, such as drawings, paintings, diagrams, accompanied by your 3-min video, speaking, singing, or reading of the Japanese language.
- Participants are required to submit an image or photo of their presentation and a minimum 60-word (English) explanation on how/why their presentation represents their language interest.
- All entries will be displayed on the Seedtime Multilingual Website, and you agree not to upload to YouTube or public display until after the contest. Voting will be allowed for website visitors, who sign in to register for the Love the Language Webinar (where the winner will be selected by a panel of judges from all five states in the Gulf Coast Region. The winner will be selected based on the accumulation of votes.)
- Winners of each category will receive Visa gift cards, 1st $200, 2nd $100, and 3rd, $50.
Please contact our office for additional information about the event.